Wednesday 27 April 2011

The Vanessa Show- TOWIE Debate













After two appearances as a sofa surfer on The Vanessa Show, I was delighted to be invited back by the producers to have a guest appearance with Vanessa, journalist Andy Jones, broadcaster, Emma Forbes and Buck Fizz legend, Cheryl Baker, discussing The Only Way is Essex (TOWIE) TV debate...why do some many people love it, what does it say about our society?

Journalist Andy Jones and Emma Forbes had the opposite opinion to me and went as far as saying that it was damaging for young people to tune in. For me, I really enjoy the show and can see that all the cast are having the time of their lives and it has opened up many great opportunities for them. It is easy to make sweeping statements, about a lack of intelligence, but as I pointed out many of the people in the show have their own businesses, showing drive and ambition.

I love my job, but as anyone running their own business will tell you, it can be stressful and the hours are long, so it can be nice to watch a show that is light hearted entertainment and that can take you away from the stresses of every day life.

Having been lucky enough to meet some of the cast members, I can genuinely say that they have all be very switched on, really down to earth, lovely people, so I am proud to have been sticking up for them in this debate.

Whilst Vanessa stays neutral on the panel, I asked for her thoughts after the show and she admitted to having watched several episodes and actually thinks it's quite fun! The lovely Ben Ofoedu was on my wave length too, so great to know I am not alone!

In the greenroom after the show I was also fortunate enough to meet the national treasure Lynda Bellingham. Such a lovely warm lady who looked fantastic, and we had a great chat and there may even be opportunities to work together in future- so watch this space!

If you are interested in listening to the debate, the link below will be live for the next few days...

Click here to watch the show

No comments:

Post a Comment